Physical Therapy After Surgery
Physical therapy is a vital aspect to the recovery from most of the orthopedic surgeries performed and can help you to get the most function out of your repaired or replaced joint.
Guidelines for Therapy
- Work hard at therapy, but also be mindful of any precautions or restrictions imposed by your surgeon. They are in place to protect your repaired bone or joint.
- It is important that your therapist is convenient to your home so that it is easy to attend, particularly when driving and transportation can be difficult.
- While it is important to attend any therapy prescribed, the exercises you perform at home are just as important, if not more important, to the ultimate success of your recovery.
- While therapy should push you to a level of slight discomfort, it should not be painful.
- If you have any questions or concerns about your therapy, do not hesitate to contact your surgeon.